GCWS Mission Statement:
Working out of the spiritual impulse of Steiner education, our mission is to educate children from Pre-school to Class 12 using a balanced, innovative, and health-giving curriculum. We aim to be inclusive* and accessible to children from diverse backgrounds. We work together to help our students to become creative, compassionate, responsible and free human beings able to find meaning and purpose in their lives and to prepare them to meet the challenges of the modern world. In partnership with parents and supporters, we strive to become a healing social force that works outward to build community and renew society.
GCWS Guiding Principles
- First and foremost, we strive to provide a healthy and nurturing environment which creatively responds to the evolving needs and unfolding individuality of each child.
- Our healing approach to education is based on the spiritual understanding of human beings, society and nature as articulated by the philosopher, scientist and educator, Rudolf Steiner.
- We aim to provide the highest quality of education that can prepare students to become self-directed, creative, responsible and compassionate human beings.
- Through relationship- building and cooperation with families, we strive to make our school accessible to children from diverse backgrounds *, especially those from the local community.
- Because we recognize that it is not just what we teach, but ‘who we are as human beings’ that ultimately educates the children, we encourage and support a continuous process of self-transformation and actively foster a working environment which nourishes, strengthens and enriches the evolving needs of teachers and staff.
- We work creatively and in partnership with parents, recognizing that education is a shared responsibility that necessitates cooperation between home and school.
- We are a self-governing, private, non-profit institution that upholds the ideal of educational freedom while respecting the need to work appropriately with external agencies and organizations.
- We are a teacher-led school that strives for consensus in all decision-making processes.
- We endeavor to appropriately situate the Steiner Education curriculum in the context of Philippine culture and values.
- We strive to work closely with parents, donors and supporters to ensure that the school’s financial needs are consciously met in a timely, responsible, and transparent way.
- We work to exemplify innovative and responsible school practices that can inspire and help other initiatives working for educational renewal.
- United in our intentions, we place our talents in the service of our local community, mindful of the need to build connections with the wider community and the world.
- Recognizing the importance of environmental stewardship, we strive to become a “green campus” and incorporate appropriate strategies to lead by example in environmental matters.